Beginners can start with the short bridge. A short bridge is suitable for them. For doing bridge you should have good body strength. It needs mobility, stability and as well strength. By practicing the bridge you will find your weak points which helps you to do it better.
- It can help to strengthen your lower back. If you feel pain in your glutes so this means you doing it right.
- You can add variations by doing it in different ways. It reduces knees and back pain.
- It makes your muscles strong and gives you flexibility and mobility.
- This exercise gives you strength to improve you run faster and jump higher.
- It gives your body a good shape to fit clothes better.
- It strengthens your muscles core.
- Start on your back on the floor with a bent-knee position.
- Place your feet hip-width apart with the feet flat on the floor. Gently contract your abs and flatten your lower back into the floor.
- Keep the abs firm and press the hips up. Keep your heels flat on the floor for added stability.
- Stop once your hips line up with your knees forming a “ramp” position.
- Do not overextend your lower back. Then slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.